Maindee Festival Association
If you are interested in helping to organise the next Maindee Festival or getting involved in any of our local projects then mail firstname.lastname@example.org or phone us on 01633 762155.
We are an independant voluntary organisation of artists, local residents and community activists. Our aim is to use the arts and envionmental projects to improve locla life, break down barriers, develop skills and build bridges between different sections of the community. We hold planning meetings every month at Community House, Eton Rd, Newport NP19 0BL.
Since we formed in 1997 we have:
- Organised and raised funds for 17 annual Maindee Festivals
- Secured a premises license for Maindee Festival to be held in the grounds of Maindee Primary School each year from 2009 onwards
- Supported the provision of over 1200 arts, dance and music workshops
- Provided advice and support to other community events in Newport
- Hosted local "Night Out Scheme" performances by Red Ladder Theatre, Theatr Powys and Hijinx Theatre
- Established a programme of street drumming classes in Maindee that led on to the formation of the amazing Batatân
- Worked with local partners (SEWREC / IDEAS) to bring Grassroots Theatre from Zimbabwe to Wales each year
- Helped develop plans for a community fountain in Maindee (which never got built!)
- Lobbied for more outdoor recreation space in Victoria Ward/Maindee – the most densely populated area of Newport
- Run three "tree days" in Wodand Park and developed a park restoration project
- Organised Newport's 2012 Ridgeway Beacon to celebrate the Queen's Jubillee
Maindee Festival, Community House, Eton Rd, Newport, South Wales 01633 762155 email@example.com